BUSINESS CASE TRAINING
AN INTENSIVE BUSINESS CASE TRAINING SESSIONS
Business Case Training, also known as BCT, started in Spring 2019 aiming towards providing students a more in depth look into solving cases and competing. GBL is the bridge connecting students and mentors in the case training community! BCT is held every semester, with sessions run by professors, previous participants, and alumni!
BCT has goals and details as follows:
- Ease of forming teams for competition
- Further the skill sets of the student, such as presentation/speaking, fast thinking, problem solving, etc
- Prepare students to participate in various case competitions such as GBCC, CFA challenges, Hult prize, ICC, JBCC, MBA case camp, Oita Entrepreneurship, etc.
- Improve student ability to present cases in class
In this activity, students attend training sessions weekly by Professors, guests or alumni. The classes are on a weekly basis on a certain day of the week, pre-decided based on the semester and available session-takers. There is a mini-case competition towards the end of every BCT that allows students to test their learnings throughout the semester and develop their overall case analysis level.
- Normal class session: (10 classes a semester)
- Mini-case solving competition (end of BCT)